Home Health Services
We help you rehabilitate after a stroke, disease, or any type of surgery.
Veterans’ Hospice Program
Veterans have earned certain honors in their last days, and we dedicate ourselves to ensuring all such honor and recognition is afforded. American Medical Homecare Alliance (AMHA) stands apart from other Medicare-certified hospice agencies as one of the nation’s few 3-Star We-Honor-Veterans programs. Our hospice team provides with excellence the traditional services of symptom management, emotional support, spiritual support, resource coordination and more. Further defining the AMHA hospice service, our 3-Star We-Honor-Veteran’s certification verifies that we have a fully-developed program supporting and recognizing veterans in important ways. The AMHA Veterans’ Hospice Program includes:
- Electronic Filing for Attendant Care Benefits: Assessment for additional veteran’s benefits – especially aide and attendant care. We help families file electronically, which can cut approval periods in half.
- DD214: Assistance in acquisition of the DD214.
- Veteran Buddy System: We assign a veteran buddy volunteer who is well-versed in veterans’ affairs and veteran’s benefits related to this time of life.
- Life Journal: We send a volunteer to document the veteran’s stories and life, so a book can be presented to the family for posterity.
- Pinning Ceremony: We provide a certificate of service and pin with pinning ceremony.
- Quilt of Valor: We make arrangements for a Quilt of Valor to be awarded.
- Support Group: Veteran-led veterans’ support talk group.
- Military Funeral: We help arrange for a military funeral with honors.
- We arrange for Last TAPS and Honor Guard.
- Wall of Honor: Where multiple veterans have enrolled in the AMHA Veterans’ Hospice Program from one group living home such as an assisted-living facility, we create a Wall of Honor with individual recognitions for each veteran.
- Where many of these services are not donated or funded separately, the AMHA Veteran’s Hospice Program pays 100% of the costs with no expense to the veteran or the veteran’s family.
This is not an exhaustive list of the support and recognition the AMHA Veterans’ Hospice Program provides, but it is intended to illuminate the nature of support available through our hospice program. The American Medical Homecare Alliance hospice program provides all the services of normal hospice agencies – and does so with excellence – while also providing a service of particular value to veterans. Please tell families with veterans in need of hospice care about American Medical Homecare Alliance.